Phone: (970) 350-6587
Fax: (970) 378-4009
The Sleep Lab is open seven days a week.
All insurances are accepted.
The Sleep Lab at North Colorado Medical Center will help patients discover why they are not getting the perfect night's sleep.
We've moved! Come visit us in our beautiful new location within the offices of North Colorado Pulmonary and Critical Care Center,
A sleep disorder is a disruption in the sleep patterns of an individual. Some sleep disorders can affect the way you think and behave.
Sleep disorder symptoms include:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Mood changes
- Morning headaches
- Low oxygen
- Low sex drive
- Achy, crawly feeling in legs
- Sudden sleep attacks
The most common sleep disorders are:
- Obstructive sleep apnea - Repeated episodes of temporary pauses in breathing during sleep.
- Periodic limb movement syndrome - Kicking movements of the legs which occur every 20 to 90 seconds during the night and may disturb the normal sleep.
- Narcolepsy - Sudden, uncontrollable urges to sleep, causing an individual to fall asleep at inappropriate times.
- Parasomnias - Undesirable physical phenomena that occur during sleep include sleepwalking, sleep terrors (night terrors), REM behavior disorder, and rhythmic movement disorders.
Sleep studies are tests that watch what happens to an individual's body during sleep and to find out what is causing sleep problems. Studies include full night sleep studies in a warm, comfortable atmosphere and are offered at all times of day, including shift worker hours. Sleep Number® beds are available.
A board-certified sleep physician from Banner Health Clinic - specializing in Pulmonary and Critical Care Center oversees the interpretation of every sleep study.
To schedule a sleep study, contact your primary care physician today!
A very effective therapy for treatment of sleep apnea is Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) -- a mask worn during sleep. It provides a specific pressure that will allow the person to breathe and sleep normally throughout the night.
A support group meets regularly to provide help and encouragement.