Things to Consider:
- NCMC Volunteers must be 15 years old. Student positions are limited, so interested individuals are encouraged to contact the Volunteer Services Department in advance.
- Due to the in-depth nature of the application and training process, as well as the costs involved, we require a six-month commitment. Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular and consistent volunteer schedule.
- The hospital requires each individual to undergo a background screen and TB test before being cleared to volunteer. To be accepted into the Volunteer Program, you must adhere to these requirements.
Getting started is easy! To apply:
- Visit our online Volunteer Application Form
Once the application packet is completed and received by the Volunteer Services Department, these steps will follow:
- An interview (usually done in a group setting) with the Director of Volunteer Services
- Background check
If you are a good fit for the volunteer program and our current openings, we will contact you to come back in for:
Two-step TB skin test and ID badge and uniform issued
At the orientation, you will learn in detail about the requirements for volunteering at NCMC, learn the history and mission statement of NCMC and get important information about Fire Safety, Patient Confidentiality, Infection Control and Security.
Site-specific training & competency assessment
In addition to having a heart for serving others, you must be at least 15 years old and be able to commit to at least 6 months of service.