Childbirth Preparation Class
We offer classes on a wide range of topics for soon-to-be parents:
- Taking care of your pregnant body
- Stages of labor, including anatomy and terminology
- Coping and relaxation during labor
- Pain medication options, including epidural
- How to prepare for unanticipated situations in pregnancy and labor
- C-section delivery
- Newborn care, including a specialized section on breastfeeding
- Postpartum care
Childbirth classes at Sterling Regional MedCenter are currently taught by two experienced, bachelor-prepared registered nurses. The five-week course includes information on prenatal care, labor and delivery, postpartum care and newborn care.
Also, unique to Sterling, a full-length session on breastfeeding is INCLUDED within the course – taught by the nurses who are also certified lactation counselors.
- May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July 11, 18, 25; Aug. 1, 8
- Sept. 5, 12, 19, 26; Oct. 3
- Nov. 7, 14, 21; Dec. 5 and 12
Location: Sterling Regional MedCenter, Community Conference Room
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 9 p.m., Thursday evenings
Contact (970) 521-3142 to register or for additional information.