Wellness Services provides a variety of screenings to the Sterling community. Learn more by calling (970) 521-3260.
- Quarterly Blood Screenings
- Monthly Open Lab
- Bone Density Screening
- Body Composition
- Metabolism Screening
- Glucose Screening
- CT Heart Score Screening
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Screening
- Body Check
Quarterly Blood Screenings
Monitor your health by participating in our quarterly blood screenings. Screenings are held in February, June, September and December. No physician referral is needed and no billing of insurance. No appointment necessary. Screenings available include:
- Lipid Profile + Glucose
- High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Chemistry Panel
CT Heart Score is a screening used to detect the presence of coronary artery disease. Heart Score provides computed tomography (CT) cardiac scoring, a noninvasive test that accurately measures the amount of calcified plaque in the arteries.
Lung Cancer Screening
Screening is an early detection tool to look for cancer, often before symptoms occur. If cancer is found early, it may be easier to treat. Lung cancer is sometimes not found until it has advanced to a stage where treatment, or cure is less favorable. More lives can be saved with early detection. Recent Clinical Trials have indicated outcomes for lung cancer are improved with screening.
Find out if you are at risk of peripheral arterial disease (PAD). If you have PAD, you have greater risk of having a heart attack, and those who have blockages in their coronary arteries have a greater risk of PAD. Other risks for PAD include: previous or current smoking; diabetes; leg discomfort or leg fatigue when walking a short distance.
Body Check... What you need to know: Head to Toe
- Health Fair Panel (fasting blood work-please fast 10-12 hours)
- Sleep questionnaire
- Lung Function Test
- Body Composition, Weight & Body Mass Index
- Hip & Waist Measurements
- Health education with a Wellness Specialist
- EKG with results read by Dr. John Drury, our board-certified cardiologist
- Bone Density Screening
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening includes: Education about peripheral vascular disease, stroke, stroke prevention and osteoporosis prevention
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Ultrasound of the carotid vessels
- Ultrasound of the aorta
- Above four screenings are read by a board–certified radiologist
Screenings are held at Sterling Regional MedCenter. All results are sent to your personal physician and to you.
- Call (970) 521-3260 to schedule appointment