How to Become a Volunteer
- Sterling Regional MedCenter Volunteers must be 19 years old.
- Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the Volunteer department in advance at (970) 521-3275.
- Due to the in-depth nature of the application and training process as well as the costs involved, we encourage a six-month commitment.
- Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular and consistent volunteer schedule.
- The hospital requires each individual to undergo a background screen and TB/immunization titer test before being cleared to volunteer. To be accepted into the Volunteer Program, you must adhere to these requirements.
Application & Orientation Process:
- Complete an application and a consent form for a background check. A background check is required.
- Submit the application with two references to:
Sterling Regional MedCenter Volunteers
615 Fairhurst St., Sterling, CO 80751
- Once the application packet is completed and received by the Volunteer Services Department, these steps will follow:
- An interview with the Director of Volunteer Services
- Background check information will be submitted for clearance.
- If you are a good fit for the volunteer program, we will contact you to come back in for:
- Two-step TB skin/immunization test, ID badge and uniform issued
- Volunteer Orientation (3 hours in length) with designated volunteer.
- At the new employee orientation, you will learn in detail about the requirements for volunteering at SRM, learn the history and mission statement of SRM, and receive important information about Fire Safety, Patient Confidentiality, Infection Control, and Security.
- Position assignment based on needs.
- Site-specific training & competency assessment will be completed.