Ogallala Community Hospital is currently under construction adding an expansion to accommodate outpatient clinic services in the community.
Banner Health is funding the Specialty Clinic and Infusion Center expansion project, providing $2 million to add space for visiting specialists and to move the current Infusion department to a new location with five bays for infusion services and cancer care.
Details of the construction include:
- Seven exam rooms
- Nurses' station
- Two procedure rooms
- Telehealth/consultation room
- Support areas
- Five bays for infusion and cancer care including one designated for use for patients with high risk of infection
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on July 8, 2013, and a Beam Signing Event was held on August 30, 2013, for employees and community members to share in the excitement and progress of the project.
Updates from the construction site for week of Sept. 30 include:
- Steel erection is completed
- Work inside the hospital (tie into existing mechanical/electrical/hvac) has begun
- Metal studs/exterior walls will be constructed with intent we “button it up” this fall so interior work can be completed during winter months.
- Tie in will be complete in nurses' break room this week
- Insulation begins in respiratory therapy, chapel and visitor waiting room.