At Ogallala Community Hospital, our surgical care team is noted for providing a positive, personalized patient care experience and our goal is to exceed expectations.
We have a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon and two local certified registered nurse anesthetists on staff. In addition, local family practice physicians and several specialists perform surgeries in our surgical suites.
Common procedures provided locally include, but are not limited to:
- Open and laparoscopic gallbladder
- Open and laparoscopic appendix
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Breast biopsy, mastectomy, lump removal
- General surgeries including hernia repair, hemorrhoid, bowel, bladder
- Surgically placed IV ports, central lines, feeding tubes
- Total knee and hip replacements
- Minimally invasive procedures for knee and ankle
- Foot, ankle and hand surgery
- Placement of ear tubes
- Sinus surgery
- Abdominal, vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Treatment for Stress Incontinence
- Cesarean birth (C-sections)
- Tubal Ligations
- Cataract surgery
- Lesion removal
- Fracture fixation
Our Surgical Care Area includes the pre- and post-op area, two operating rooms, the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) (two recovery rooms) and the sterile processing unit. Our caregivers work with surgeons, anesthesia providers and other health care professionals to provide the best surgical experience possible.
Family-Centered Patient Care
Our Surgical Care staff focuses on patient and family communication and education. From the time the patient begins preparing for surgery through the time the patient is recovering, our team emphasizes a family-centered approach to help ease any anxiety a patient may have.
It is likely the patient will experience some discomfort following their surgical procedure. There are many methods available to keep pain levels to an acceptable level that will allow a patient to participate in therapy and rest. Discuss these options with the surgeon and anesthesia provider and review our additional information on pain management.