An accurate diagnosis is the first step in treating any sort of heart abnormality or disease. Please speak with your Banner Churchill Community Hospital heart specialist to determine what specific testing you need.
Comprehensive Vascular Screening
We offer a comprehensive vascular screening includes the following tests:
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) - evaluation of leg circulation
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound - evaluation of vessels that supply blood to the head and neck
- Abdominal Aorta Ultrasound -evaluation for aortic aneurysm
- Lower Extremity Ultrasound - evaluation for plaque in the arteries of the legs
- Cost: $99
- Screenings offered Feb. 24-28, 2014
- Call (775) 867-7155 to schedule an appointment
During an echocardiogram, also called an echo, a technician uses a painless technique to send sound waves into the patient’s chest. This produces a moving picture of the heart and heart valves.
Also called EKG, an electrocardiogram measures the electrical activity in a heartbeat. Patients can be hooked to electrodes or wear a heart monitor (a small box that weighs less than one pound). The monitoring devices send signals to a technician that observes the heart rate and rhythm.
Treadmill Stress Testing
Stress/exercise testing involves studying the heart while under maximum cardiac stress. It allows a technician to measure the heart's efficiency when subjected to predetermined exercise or cardiac medications. Patients may walk on a treadmill or lie still under a camera depending on how the physician wants to see their heart function.
For More Information
|Podcasts: Cardiac tests info|
|Video: What happens in a cardiac stress test |
|What is your risk for coronary artery disease?|