Banner Churchill Community Hospital Auxiliary
Volunteers make a difference!
As a volunteer, you will share your skills and talents, develop new interests, learn new skills, and make new friends.
The auxiliary has two main purposes:
- to provide funding for medical equipment for the hospital
- to give service.
Banner Churchill Community Hospital offers our volunteers opportunities in several areas:
- Visitor services
- Patient services
- Staff services
- Working at Rainbow Treasures Gift Shop, located in the main lobby of the hospital
- Working at Stuf 'n' Such resale shop at 99 N. Nevada St. in downtown Fallon.
- Please print, complete and return to the front desk or gift shop
- You may also mail to Volunteer Services, 801 E. Williams Ave., Fallon, NV 89406.
If you have questions about becoming a volunteer, please call (775) 867-7034.
Volunteers enjoy staffing the volunteer desk and greeting visitors. They deliver flowers, provide visitors with information and are our goodwill ambassadors.
Some volunteers prefer working directly with the patients simply by lending a friendly ear or performing small tasks like providing reading material or juice, to make the patient's hospital stay as pleasant as possible.
Many draw on their past and present work experience. The thrift store and the gift shop are our chief source of income for medical equipment and medical programs. Additionally, we have other fund-raising events during the year, such as book sales, jewelry sales and bake sales.
Since the opening of Banner Churchill Community Hospital, the Auxiliary has contributed more than $275,000 in equipment.