Banner Medical Clinic Adds New Providers
The physicians and staff at Banner Medical Clinic are pleased to announce updates regarding their physician recruitment efforts. After an intensive recruitment process led by Carie Campbell, Banner Medical Clinic practice administrator , four - and possibly five - new providers will be added to the staff this year.
- Jon Wakamatsu, MD, will start his part-time contracted agreement the week of April 6, seeing Banner Medical Clinic patients three days a week and taking on-call rotations with the other physicians.
- Michelle Hunter, PA (physician assistant), will start at Banner Medical clinic on April 20.
- Natalie Beck, FNP (family nurse practitioner), will begin at BMC around May 18 and start her orientation process until she is licensed in June.
- Norma Cantu, MD, family practice, from San Antonio, Texas, has been offered an agreement and is hoping to join the staff in June. She said she is excited to become a part of the Banner provider team.
- Another family practice physician is in the process of reviewing an agreement. He and his wife will make a second visit to Torrington in April.
During the process of adding these providers to the medical staff, Banner Medical Clinic will continue to retain two WWAMI (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho) medical students. Brian Burch will join the team on April 6 and Luis Enriquez will begin May 11. Dr. Richard Campbell will also have a first year RUOP (Rural Opportunity Program) student beginning in June.
Carie Campbell, the medical staff, and the Executive Administrative Team for Torrington continue to look at the overall provider needs for the community and recruit a general internal medicine specialist.