Sleep Studies at Platte County Memorial Hospital
To help diagnose and treat sleep apnea, Platte County Memorial Hospital professionals offer help through overnight sleep studies.
- Participants spend the night in our sleep study room and are monitored through 24 different sensors.
- This data is stored in a computer and later analyzed by our Respiratory Therapist who can determine if ongoing therapy is needed.
- For more information, contact your family physician or a Respiratory Therapist at Platte County Memorial Hospital (307) 322-6413
How do you know if someone is suffering from Sleep Apnea?
- Daytime sleepiness/Irritability
- Loud snoring (often interrupted by silence followed by gasps)
- Frequent Urination at Night
- Restless Sleep
- Morning headaches
- Sexual dysfunction
- Increased appetite
Sleep apnea sufferers may quit breathing while they sleep, causing them to be excessive snorers and to wake unrested. The sleep study program is important to cardiovascular patients because patients with sleep apnea have a higher instance of heart attack and pulmonary hypertension.
Platte County Memorial Hospital is pleased to offer our sleep study patients a full-size Sleep Number® bed by Select Comfort for your relaxation!