Worland Hospital History
Worland's first hospital was opened by Dr. Foster in 1907 and operated until 1914.
In 1909, Dr. Walter O. Gray moved to Worland from Burlington and opened his practice at 612 Coburn Ave. Shortly after 1910, Dr. Gray, with his wife, developed a three-bed hospital and then expanded to 12 beds.
During the 1920s and 1930s, the upper floor of the Veile Building served as a hospital and was staffed by a series of doctors.
In 1938, Dr. A.A. Anderson built the hospital at 1019 Coburn Ave., now the Washakie County Library. Washakie County purchased the building in 1949.
In 1962, Washakie County built the current hospital located at the corner of Grace Avenue and 15th Street. The facility was remodeled in 1977, 1985, and 1999, and is now a 25-bed facility. The property and the hospital structure is owned by Washakie County and Washakie Medical Center is managed by Banner Health.