For more than half a century, Washakie Medical Center has been keeping residents of Big Horn Basin focused on wellness and prevention.
Banner’s non-profit mission inspires employees to reach out as individuals and partner with groups and organizations to improve our community’s quality of life.
We provide a number of education classes, screenings and events focused on health education, early disease detection, fitness and support. Among these include:
- Prostate cancer screenings in September
- A1c diabetic screening
- Wellness Wednesday blood screening
- Prenatal education classes
- Participation in area health fairs and community events
- Diabetic foot clinic
- PAD (peripheral artery disease) screenings
- Pre- and postnatal exercise program
- Water Works aquatic therapy
- Arthritis aquatic program
- Nutrition classes with UW Cooperative Extension Service
Our staff works closely with the youth in our community. To encourage their involvement in sports and other activities, make healthy daily choices and consider careers in health care, we offer a number of programs including:
- Camp Healthcare
- High School Healthy Athlete Sports Program
- 4-H and FFA junior livestock sale supporter
For more information on any of these programs, call (307) 347-3221.