Surgical Care at Washakie Medical Center
Our surgical care team at Washakie Medical Center is known for providing a positive, personalized patient care experience and our goal is to exceed expectations.
Washakie's staff includes two general surgeons, an orthopedic surgeon and two local certified registered nurse anesthetists. In addition, local family practice physicians, local dentists and several visiting specialists perform surgeries in our surgical suites.
The departments that encompass our Surgical Care Area include the pre-op holding unit, the operating rooms, the post-anesthesia care unit, endoscopy suite and the sterile processing unit.
Common procedures provided locally by our general and orthopedic surgeons, family practice physicians and visiting specialists include, but are not limited to:
- Open and laparoscopic gallbladder
- Open and laparoscopic appendix
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Breast biopsy, mastectomy, lump removal
- General surgeries including hernia repair, hemorrhoid, bowel
- Surgically placed IV ports, central lines, feeding tubes
- Total knee, hip and shoulder replacements
- Minimally invasive procedures for knee, shoulder and ankle
- Carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve release
- Dental procedures
- Rotator cuff and ACL repair
- Bone spur and bunion removal
- Ear tube placement
- Abdominal hysterectomies
- Cesarean birth (C-sections)
- Tubal Ligations
- Lesion removal
- Fracture fixation
Family-Centered Patient Care
At Washakie Medical Center, our Surgical Care staff focuses on communication and education. From the time the patient begins preparing for surgery through the time the patient is recovering, our team involves family members in discussions about treatment and care to help ease any anxiety a patient may have.
It is likely a patient will experience some discomfort following their surgical procedure. There are many methods available to keep pain levels to an acceptable level that will allow a patient to participate in therapy and rest. Discuss these options with the surgeon and anesthesiologist and review our additional information on pain management.