Volunteer at Washakie Medical Center
Volunteers make a difference every day in the lives of Washakie Medical Center patients, family members and employees.
This passionate and committed group of Big Horn Basin residents is active throughout the hospital. They can be found assisting with a variety of tasks and services such as:
- greeting visitors at the Front Desk
- directing families of surgical patients in the ambulatory care area
- selling items in the Gift Shop
- sewing neck and tummy pillows for adult patients and shadow buddies for pediatric patients
- baking cookies for health fairs
- participating in the two annual fundraisers
Auxiliary proceeds from gift shop sales, the Annual Ice Cream Social and November Hobby Days go directly back to benefit our patients. Most recently they’ve funded flat-screen televisions for each patient room and recliners for patients with ambulatory challenges.
While some of our volunteers have served for more than 40 years, Washakie is always looking to add to our volunteer corps and will work with you to find the opportunity that best meets your time, talent and interests. To learn more, or to receive a volunteer application, call Service Excellence at 307-347-6904.