Banner Health recognizes the importance of continuing education for health care professionals. As an organization dedicated to innovation, we are proud to hold academic conferences across our facilities. Check out these upcoming events!
Stroke Rehabilitation: Painting a New Portrait
This educational program is designed for health care providers from all disciplines with an interest in the treatment of cerebrovascular disease and rehabilitation. The program will feature more than 14 presentations with an emphasis on advanced care and evidenced-based interventions in stroke prevention, treatment and recovery.
General and breakout sessions will allow attendees to individualize the conference along their specific practice area and interest.
When: October 4-5, 2014
Registration cost: $150
Continuing Education: CME/CEU-eligible. Credits have been applied for the following disciplines: Physicians, Nurses, PT, OT, SLP. Details will be confirmed on the website as soon as they're available.
Registration: Call (602) 230-2273 (CARE) or toll-free at 1-800-230-2273 (CARE). You may also register online.
Contact: For questions about the conference, please send us an email.
Sponsorship and Exhibition: If you are interested in participating in the Healthcare Expo or to support the event, please call (602) 839-6733.
Nationally recognized and local specialists will be presenting on a diverse set of topics:
- Transitions of Care – Pamela W Duncan PhD, FAPTA, FAHA
- Early Integration of Vision into Stroke Rehabilitation- Pamela Roberts, PhD, MSHA, OTR/L, SCFES, FAOTA, CPHQ
- Bouncebacks: Developing and Implementing Strategies for Reducing Readmissions – Pamela Roberts
- Implementing Evidence-Based Interventions to Improve Walking Recovery – Pamela Duncan
- Neuropsychiatric Issues Post Stroke- Robert Djergaian, MD
• Evidence Based Approach for Aphasia – Lisa Naylor, M.A. CCC-SLP
- Shock 'em into action: using Electrical stimulation to achieve your goals – John Heick, PT, DPT, OCS, NCS
- Secondary Stroke Prevention- Jacqueline Carter, MD
- Driving readiness – Carol Blanc, B.S., CDRS
- Use of electronic based orthotics in stroke recovery - Reese Evans , Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation –Carolyn Kinney, M.D.
- Oro-pharyngeal Swallow Function: Assessment and Treatment Overview Post CVA - Cindy Weir, M.A., M.S., CCC-SLP
- Payor Perspective in a changing ACO environment- Chuck Lehn
- Neuroplasticity in Action: Insights into the “magic” of practice design and hard work -Valerie Carter PT, DPT, NCS
- Current State of Neurointerventional Surgery –Peter Sunenshine, M.D.
- Advances in Stroke Care – Jeremy Payne, MD, PhD
Lodging: There are several hotels located near the conference venue. The following information is just a sample list. Attendees must verify details on their own.
Parking: Convenient, free parking is available at the following locations:
- Civic Center Library Garage – Drinkwater Boulevard at East Second Street
- Civic Center Lot and Garage – Wells Fargo Avenue
- Old Town Parking Corral – East Second Street and Brown Avenue
- Pepperwood Lot – East First Avenue at Buckboard Train
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix are proud to offer an innovative and integrated program that will address essential learning in the discipline of critical care obstetrics. Pre-recorded digital didactic sessions (materials accessible for a year following the conference), virtual online simulations, case-based facilitated group learning and bedside preceptor-directed simulation drills form the basis of this progressive, hands-on, original program.
Who Should Attend
MFM Fellows / Practicing OB Physicians / Family Practitioners / Emergency Room Physicians / Residents / Medical Students / Certified Nurse Midwives / Nurse Practitioners / Obstetrical Nurses / OB Hospitalists
|Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives||$475|
|OB Nurses and other allied health professionals||$425|
|Residents and Fellows||$200|
CME and CEU credits:
Banner Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CEU Contact Hours for Continuing Education Credit have been applied for and pending confirmation through the Arizona Region of the Education Department of Banner Health.