Banner Health recognizes the importance of continuing education for health care professionals. As an organization dedicated to innovation, we are proud to hold academic conferences throughout our system.
Dr. Hirsch Handmaker of the CACTIS Foundation and the Banner Concussion Center invite you to join recognized thought leaders at the Third Annual Current Topics in Sports Medicine and Concussions 2014 in Scottsdale, AZ, at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.
The conference will be held March 22. For more information and to register, please visit the CACTIS Foundation.
Banner Concussion Center is the lead sponsor for this conference staged by the CACTIS Foundation.
Speakers will include leading experts in the field of concussive injuries and treatment approaches. They include:
- Dr. Steven Erickson, Medical Director, Banner Concussion Center and Consulting Physician for Major League Baseball Umpires Association
- Shelly Massingale, PT, MPT, Senior Clinical Manager, Banner Concussion Center, Phoenix
- Bridget Wallace, PT, DPT, Founder and CEO, Concussion Health, Austin, TX
- Dr. Charlie Shearer, Optometrist, Consultant with Bernell Corporation and the Colorado Rockies
- Dr. Dana Day, Audiologist, Director, Arizona Balance and Hearing, Phoenix
- Dr. Christopher C. Giza, Professor of Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLA Brain Injury Research Center, Director, UCLA BrainSPORT
- Dr. Kelli McSwan, Neuropsychologist, Clinical Director, Concussion Clinic, Sports Concussion Assoc., Seal Beach, CA
- Brian Roberts, ATC, Director of Sports Medicine and Business Operations, Xcelerate Physical Therapy Centers, Seal Beach, CA
- Dr. Havinder Maan, Director, Neuroradiology, Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, Gilbert, AZ
- Dr. Kendall Van Keuren-Jensen, Associate Professor, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix
- Dr. Hirsch Handmaker, Chairman and CEO, The CACTIS Foundation, Phoenix