Athens Single Password Access Frequently Asked Questions
- Athens is an authentication system that provides access to multiple online resources with a single user name and password.
- Athens provides access to resources any time, anywhere, from any computer with an Internet Connection.
- With Athens, users may get to online databases books and journals. Resources include: OVID, Stat!Ref, EBSCO Health Business, and Banner's A to Z eBooks and Journals.
Who is eligible to register for an Athens account?
- Banner Health employees and physicians in Arizona. Affiliated interns and students, please visit your facility’s library to determine eligibility.
How do I get a user name and password?
- Complete the Athens registration form located on the Banner library intranet homepage. Note that you must have a current e-mail account to register. Free e-mail providers include Yahoo and Google.
- After review, a user name and password will be sent to you by e-mail. Note that it may take up to three business days for your account to be activated. Incomplete forms may delay processing.
- Contact the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Library at (602) 839-4353 if you have any questions.
What if I forget my password?
- If you remember your Athens user name and the e-mail address associated with your Athens account, you may reset your password here.
- Your local administrator can also reset your password for you. Contact Janene Wandersee at the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Library at (602) 839-4353.
How do I get to the resources?
- The Athens Web site is:http://www.athensams.net/myathens/. You may also login from the library's Intranet (on-campus) or Internet (off-campus) websites.
- Most individual resources have a login area for Athens users as well.
I already have a password for OVID. Will it still work?
- OVID passwords beginning with "az" expired Aug. 1, 2007.
I logged into OVID with Athens, but when I try to save a search strategy, it asks me for a personal login. How do I proceed?
- To save searches in OVID or EBSCO, you will need to follow the instructions on the screen to set up a personal account. We suggest that you register with your Athens login information for easy recall.
Why was I denied access to a resource?
- Reminder: passwords are case sensitive.
- You may have lost your login information by opening a new browser session. You are only authenticated in the browser session that you used to log in. Opening a new browser session by clicking on the browser icon requires you to log in again. You may open a new browser window in your current session without loosing your authentication.
- You found the resource through Google or another search engine and tried to log in using an Athens link: It may have failed because we do not have a subscription to the resource, or may not have it in electronic format. If you would like the item, please contact your library.