Please consider the following information when applying for the Banner Good Samaritan Family Medicine residency.
- Applications only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Applicant must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Step I or its equivalent exam
- Requirements for application:
- Dean's letter
- Two to four letters of recommendation
- Personal statement; we are particularly interested in the factors which have drawn applicants to Family Medicine
For those who have completed their medical school training outside the United States and Canada, the following additional requirements must be met:
- Successful completion of the ECFMG or TOEFL English proficiency test
- Current ECFMG certification
- Successful completion of at least one year of clinical (not research or observerships) hospital-based training in a teaching hospital affiliated with a residency program in the United States.
- While not strictly required, strong preference is given to those who have completed at least a one month clinical rotation in Family Practice in a teaching setting affiliated with a residency program, medical school (university) based rotation or a board certified family physician in the United States.
After your completed application is reviewed by our selection committee, we will contact you regarding a personal interview. Deadline for completed ERAS applications is Nov. 20, 2013.
For more information about our program or to answer any questions you might have, please contact our Residency Program Coordinator, Vicki Francies, at (602) 839-5271 or send an email.