Please consider the following information when applying for the Banner Good Samaritan Family Medicine residency.
- Applications only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Applicant must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- Applicant must have passed USMLE or COMLEX Step 1
- Requirements for application:
- Dean's letter
- Two to four letters of recommendation
- Personal statement. We are particularly interested in the factors which have drawn applicants to Family Medicine
For those who have completed their medical school training outside the United States and Canada, the following additional requirements must be met:
- Successful completion of the ECFMG or TOEFL English proficiency test
- Current ECFMG certification
- Successful completion of at least one year of clinical (not research or observerships) hospital-based training in a teaching hospital affiliated with a residency program in the United States
- Must have graduated from medical school no more than three years ago
- Must have no failures on any USMLE exam
- We do not sponsor any visas. We will consider J-1 visas with ECFMG
- We do not offer externship or observership programs
After your completed application is reviewed by our selection committee, we will contact you regarding a personal interview. Deadline for completed ERAS applications is Nov. 21, 2014. Please be aware that our interview slots fill up quickly, so interview availability cannot be guaranteed even up to the deadline.
For more information about our program or to answer any questions you might have, please contact our Residency Program Coordinator, Maria Ross, at (602) 839-5271 or send her an email.