Salary and Benefits
It isn’t the main reason you’ll pick our program, but, at Banner Good Samaritan, residents are well supported through a competitive salary, great medical benefits, education funds and both vacation and CME time off.
- PGY1- $52,000
- PGY2- $54,500
- PGY3- $57,000
21 paid vacation days yearly
5 days for CME annually
- Great health and dental benefits for you and your family at no cost (Banner Choice Plus and Preventative Dental)
- Disability insurance
- Discounted premiums for vision plan
- Discounted, high-value life insurance, flexible spending accounts
For more information, visit the Banner Health benefits page:
- Lunch provided at daily FMC noon conferences
- Generous yearly meal allowance at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital
- Meals and/or allowance provided while rotating at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix VA and Maricopa Medical Center
Resident Education Fund (“Book Money”)
To be used for books, study resources, CME travel and conferences. Recent resident travel to present or attend conferences includes: San Antonio, TX, Washington D.C., Baltimore, MD, Kansas City, MO.
In April 2015 we expect a number of residents to attend the STFM Annual Spring Conference in Orlando, FL.
The Other Nuts and Bolts
- Fresh white coats provided annually
- Scrub services at no cost
- Private on-call quarters
- Professional liability insurance provided through Banner Health
- Numerous retail, travel, subscription discounts through the Banner Health Employee discount program