The program's facility locations are in Phoenix and the Sun Cities, approximately 20 miles west of Phoenix.
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix is one of the largest academic centers in the Phoenix area.
Banner Health (Banner Boswell Medical Center, Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center) in the Sun Cities Areas, provide care for an older adult population of more than 85,000 residents. This area of the Southwest offers a variety of year-round leisure activities, housing, educational and cultural options.
Core Facilities for Training:
- Banner Boswell Medical Center, Sun City, Ariz.
A primarily adult/geriatric-focused 319-bed facility with special emphasis in geriatric clinical training through the Inpatient Geriatric Service and rehabilitation service.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, Sun City West, Ariz.
A primarily adult/geriatric-focused hospital facility (404 beds) with special emphasis in geriatric psychiatry. The training program includes involvement in the ARISE (Chemical Dependency Program) and SAGE (Support Adaptation Growth Enrichment Program) units. The latter is a combined medical-psychiatric unit.
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, Ariz. Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center is a flagship hospital within Banner Health, with more than 650 licensed patient care beds. It is a teaching hospital that trains more than 220 physicians annually, a Level I Trauma center and a premier medical center in Arizona and the Southwest.
Additional facilities that are part of the fellows' experience:
- Amedisys Home Health
- Banner Boswell Rehab Center: A 115-bed acute and sub-acute skilled care nursing facility.
- Encore Senior Living
- Grandview Care Center: A 97-bed long-term care facility.
- Hospice of Arizona
- Hospice of the Valley
- La Loma Care Center: A 350-acre life care facility that includes assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
- Banner Research for research opportunities.
- Various facilities for elective rotations