2012-2013 APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH VSAS ONLY - 1/9/13
2013-2014 Application - Only for Off Shore/Foreign Students will be not be available until May 2013 1/9/13
OBSERVERS - We NO longer accept any observers for any rotation within the Internal Medicine program 1/9/13
- Student Status: Applicants must be in their final year of medical school at the time of the scheduled elective. If your school does not have an affiliation agreement with our institution then you will need to apply through the University of Arizona for our rotations. Learn more.
- Space Availability: Availability is on a first come first serve basis with the University of Arizona medical students receiving priority placement in the elective, followed by other LCME school medical students.
- Application Form: Please complete the application forms in full.
- Letter of Good Standing: Please attach a letter from your Dean’s office stating you are a student in good standing and they approve of the rotations you are requesting. This letter must accompany the application form.
- Banner Secure Hire background check forms: Please complete and return OUR attached form. Please do not attach your school’s background checks we will not accept any other background check information.
- Third Year Rotation Documentation: You must submit documentation of all clinical rotations completed in your 3rd year of medical school. Criteria for doing any medicine elective at Banner Good Samaritan is completion of at least two months of inpatient Internal Medicine in a teaching setting during your 3rd year. Electives are not sufficient. Documentation must be specific.
- Malpractice Insurance: Proof of professional medical liability with coverage amounts acceptable to Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. You will be notified if the coverage amount is unacceptable. Please provide a copy of medical liability certificate.
- Vaccinations: Must submit a brief record verifying you are current on the required immunizations Hepatitis B, MMR, Tuberculosis (within 6 months of elective start date), Tetanus (within 10 years of elective start date) and Varicella (chickenpox). This can be sent in the form of a report or letter from your primary care physician with the vaccination name and date given. Please DO NOT send us your lab results.
- Personal Health Insurance: Proof of personal health insurance (copy of health insurance card).
- Photo ID: A clear visible copy of your driver’s license or school ID
- Application Process: Please attach all documentation with your application and mail/fax to the department of medicine. All the above requirements must be met in order for your application to be considered for a rotation. Upon approval or denial of your application, you will be notified by e-mail at the earliest possible.
- Requirements listed above
- Mandatory Faculty Sponsorship (PRECEPTOR): Foreign students from non-LCME schools are required and responsible for obtaining the approval and letter with signature of a Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center faculty member who has personal knowledge of your preparation and ability to perform satisfactorily and will act as an education sponsor for you during your visit to Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. We do not give out a list of our Attendings.
- Letter of Agreement: Once I receive your application I can then send to your SCHOOL CONTACT the LOA that needs to be signed by the Dean or Program Director. It then must be approved by our Program Director and Chief Academic Officer before the rotation will be approved.
- Student Status: Applicants must be in their final year of medical school at the time of the scheduled elective and have completed all of the clerkship courses.
- Space Availability: Participation in any 4th Year elective will be allowed on a space-available basis with University of Arizona medical students receiving priority placement in the elective, followed by other LCME school medical students, then Non LCME students.