Application to the Banner Good Samaritan Orthopedic Residency is exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All applications must be submitted by Nov. 1 each year.
- graduate of an LCME or AOA-accredited medical school
- IMG with ECFMG certification or Fifth Pathway completion
- eligible for an Arizona BOMEX or ABOE Post-Graduate Permit which must be obtained prior to starting the program.
The selection committee is comprised of faculty and resident members appointed by the program director.
Selection priorities for successful candidates include:
- Academic Credentials: Medical School Transcript with emphasis on MS3 clerkships, USMLE Step I and Step II Scores
-- Step II scores are highly weighted in the process
- Letters of Recommendation: (3)
- Professional Values and Personal Qualities: motivation and integrity
- Communication Skills
- Community/extracurricular Participation
- Resident selection is not based on gender, race, age, religion, color, National origin or any other legally protected status.
Applicants of interest will be initially contacted by telephone.
A limited number of applicants are offered interviews. Qualified applicants will be ranked in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
There will be four (4) PGY-1 positions offered for the 2013-2014 academic year.
We do not offer any non-designated preliminary resident positions.