Sam Harmsen, MD PGY-5
Fellowship: PGY-6 Shoulder and Elbow 2015
San Francisco Shoulder Elbow and Hand Clinic, San Francisco, CA.
Director: Tom R. Norris MD
Residency: PGY 1-5 Orthopaedic Surgery 2014
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ.
Medical School: MD 2009
George Washington University, School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Undergraduate: BA 2004
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT. Japanese and Asian Studies
Upper extremity, microsurgery, general orthopaedics
Documenting Surgical Complications
Snow skiing, fly fishing, golf, hiking, tennis, team sports, professional and college sports
- Harmsen S, McLaren A, Pauken C, McLemore R. Amphotericin B Is Cytotoxic at Locally Delivered Concentrations.
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2011; 469(11): 3016-3021 PMID 21484472
- Harmsen S, Beauchamp, CP, Schwartz A, Rose P, Sim F. Compressive Osseointegration Provides Stable Fixation In Revision Arthroplasty Involving Massive Bone Defects.
- Banner Orthopaedic Research Symposium. Phoenix, AZ. Jun 2012
- Arizona Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ. Jun 2012.
- OREF Pacific Resident Research Competition. Irvine, CA. Jun 2012
- Cunningham B, Patterson J, Kweon C, Waldrop R, Harmsen S, et al. The Quality of Orthopaedic Research: Has Anything Changed Since the Introduction of Levels of Evidence?
- Banner Orthopaedic Research Symposium. Phoenix, AZ. Jun 2011
- Harmsen S, Champagne L, McLaren A, McLemore R. Reliability of Intraoperative Wound Area Estimates in Traumatic Wound Care.
- Southwest Trauma and Acute Care Symposium; Scottsdale, AZ. November 2011.
- Banner Orthopaedic Research Symposium; Phoenix, AZ. June 2011.
- Harmsen S, McLaren A, Pauken C, McLemore R. Amphotericin is Cytotoxic to Osteoblasts at Locally Delivered Concentrations.
- Society for Biomaterials Annual meeting; Orlando, FL. Apr 2011.
- Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual meeting; Los Angeles, CA. Aug 2010.
- Banner Orthopaedic Research Symposium; Phoenix, AZ. Jun 2010
- Southwest Regional Resident Research Competition; San Diego, CA. May 2010
- Harmsen S. Acute Management of Orthopedic Trauma: Extremity Fractures. Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Grand Rounds; Phoenix, AZ. Feb 2010