Criteria to Interview
The criteria to interview include:
- Apply through ERAS before Dec. 4, 2015 (Early submission will provide those who are qualified to interview the best selection of interview dates.)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement that includes your understanding and/or personal philosophy of Family Medicine
- USMLE Step 1 score of 210 or higher, Step 2 CK of 220 or higher; COMLEX of 515 or higher OR ERAS application with evidence of other exemplary achievements
- Eligible for licensure in Colorado during 2nd year of residency
- Photograph is optional
Letters of invitation to interview will be sent out as applications are received and reviewed. Interviews will begin on Oct 22, 2015 and continue through Jan. 22, 2016.
International Medical Graduates
IMG applicants must also apply through the ERAS residency application system. All medical graduates invited to interview must be eligible for licensure in Colorado during their second year of residency. For international medical graduates this requires:
- Required to have completed two years of residency training in U.S. or Canada before applying to our program.
- Satisfactory completion of the examination of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Satisfactory completion of the USMLE examination with a score of 200 or greater
- Submission of evidence by the applicant, satisfactory to the Board of Medical Examiners, that the medical school from which the applicant graduated is approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or conforms to the minimal educational standards established by the LCME or AOA as determined by the Board
IMG applicants will not be considered by North Colorado Family Medicine until satisfactory documentation of post graduate medical training has been received. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide this information.