Candidates for Weight Loss Surgery
To be considered for surgery, you must be seriously overweight, or "morbidly obese". You also must be unsuccessful at losing weight by conventional diet and exercise methods. If you meet certain conditions, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. However, weight-loss surgery is not for everyone.
Am I morbidly obese?
You are likely morbidly obese if you:
- Are more than 100 lbs. over your ideal body weight
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40
- Have a BMI of over 35 and have one or more serious health conditions related to morbid obesity
- Can't achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period of time, even through medically supervised dieting
Weight loss Surgery tools
Below are tools you can use to determine if you are morbidly obese and a potential candidate for weight loss surgery.
Talk to the experts about morbid obesity and weight loss surgery
Your best source of information is an experienced bariatric surgeon. Our surgeons know best how to handle your special needs before, during and after weight loss surgery.
Please attend one of our free information sessions:
- Banner Estrella Bariatric Center
- Banner Gateway Bariatric and Weight Loss Center
|For More Information|
|Six facts about obesity|
|Video about obesity|
|How much do you know about obesity?|