Linking Patients to Primary Care Physicians
Banner Health can now link emergency patients who do not have a family physician with primary care providers throughout the greater Phoenix area.
Under a partnership with My Health Direct, Banner staff can make appointments for these patients with primary care physicians while the patients are still in Banner emergency departments.
This service can help patients avoid making a costly return trip to the emergency room. Emergency patients who do not have primary care physicians often end up back in emergency rooms with problems that could have been prevented by a family physician.
Connecting patients with primary care providers can improve patient care and make care more efficient and less costly.
Banner Hospitals that offer this service:
- Banner Baywood Medical Center
- Banner Boswell Medical Center (coming soon)
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center (coming soon)
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center (coming soon)
Banner Health anticipates that between 5,000 and 6,000 Banner emergency center patients in 2011 who don’t have doctors will be linked to primary care physicians through this service.