Ask the Expert - Nutrition
We all know that a nutritious diet and regular exercise can help us lead healthier lives. There are still, however, a lot of questions about proper nutrition.
These are Ask the Expert columns written by Banner Health physicians, nurses, and general health care providers.
- Lactose Inolerance Featuring Mary Ellen Dirlam, MD, PhD
- Health choices while eating out Featuring Lillian Swatek, RD, CDE, CSO
- Am I drinking too much coffee? Featuring Melissa Paton
- Fats Featuring Kristine Haggarty
- Trans fats: Good or Bad? Featuring: Brianne Holmes
- Why are trans fats bad for you? Featuring: Jacklyn Diefenbach
- The benefits of fiber Featuring Michele Grim
- Fiber in my diet Featuring Kristine Haggarty
- Is gluten-free good for you? Featuring Jacklyn Diefenbach
- Can what I eat affect my medications? Featuring Frank LoVecchio, D.O.
- Metabolism Featuring Jacklyn Diefenbach
- What kind of health problems does obesity cause? Featuring John DeBarros, MD
- Can drinking milk combat osteoporisis Featuring Lucia Magat-Gregorio, MD
- Is one soda a day bad for you? Featuring Joselyn Jedick, D.O.
- How much salt is too much? Featuring Roger Bryne, D.O.
- Limiting salt in my diet Featuring Heather Metell, Anne Lougher
- Reduce salt to prevent heart failure Featuring Kristine Brubaker
- Is gluten-free for me? Featuring Ryan McWilliams, MD
- Weight Loss Featuring: John Monroe, MD
- Counting calories and weight loss Featuring Christy Judd, D.O.
- What is the best diet? Featuring: Brian Hawkins, MD
- HCG Hormone Featuring: Elijah Poulos
- Are over-the-counter weight-loss drugs safe? Featuring Frank LoVecchio, D.O.
- How to have a healthy Thanksgiving Featuring: Jacklyn Diefenbach
- Creatine supplements for athletic performance Featuring Frank LoVecchio, D.O.
- The value of energy drinks Featuring Stanley Wen, MD
- Folic acid and Alzheimer's Featuring: Ryan Rawlings, MD
- What are the benefits of taking multivitamins Featuring Frank LoVecchio, D.O.
- Should I take vitamins? Featuring Mary Martin
- How long does it take to develop food poisoning? Featuring LeeAnn Denny, MD
- Avoiding food poisoning Featuring Joseph WInchell, D.O.
What does "organic'' really mean? Featuring: Linda Schaeffer
- Salmonella and peanuts Featuring: Mary Ann Yahl
- The five-second rule Featuring John Po, MD