Fresh Lo Mein
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- Red pepper to taste
- 1 pound bag frozen mixed oriental-style vegetables
- ½ pound thin spaghetti cooked
- Spray a Dutch oven with cooking oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and the pepper until golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, then add the rest of the vegetables. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, heat and serve.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories 340
- Calories from Fat 10
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65g
- Dietary Fiber 8g
- Protein 18g
Exchanges: 3 breads, 2 vegetables, ½ meat