Ginger-Orange Stir Fry
- 8 oz. whole grain pasta (any shape)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 peeled seeded and diced orange
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking oil, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, green onion and mushrooms. Saute them until they are golden, around 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and orange.
- Stir the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the skillet.
- Stir well and cook until the vegetables are tender, and the sauce is thick, around 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the veggies and serve hot.
We recommend garnishing this dish with sliced cucumbers.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 275
- Calories from Fat 41
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 284mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52g
- Dietary Fiber 7g
- Protein 11g
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 breads, 1 lean meat