- 4 ounce package of uncooked fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ large onion peeled and sliced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- 1 celery stalks sliced
- ¾ cup no-salt added tomato sauce
- ¼ ketchup
- ½ teaspoon each: paprika; caraway seeds; garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat ½ cup of water and soy sauce in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and cook over high heat, stirring often, until the water has evaporated.
- Add additional ½ cup of water along with the mushrooms, bell pepper and celery.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until veggies are tender, about 8 minutes, then stir in burger crumbles.
- Add the tomato sauce to the vegetables with the ketchup, seasonings and ¼ cup of water.
- Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Makes 3 servings. Serving size: 1¼ cups
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories 340
- Calories from Fat 15
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 400mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 13g
Exchanges: 3½ bread, 3 vegetables