- 16-ounce package spaghetti cooked
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 eggplant chopped into one-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- 1 red pepper cut into one-inch cubes
- Place all ingredients, except spaghetti, into a large Dutch oven and place over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- You can also cook it for 6 hours in a crockpot over low heat or in the microwave on full power for 15 minutes.
- Serve the ratatouille over cooked spaghetti.
Makes 8 servings. Serving size: 1¼ cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 280
- Calories from Fat 10
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 10g
Exchanges: 3 breads, 3 vegetables