Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces of dry spaghetti
- ½ cup dry lentils
- 1½ cup water
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teasoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, place lentils and water in a large shallow pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until lentils are almost done, around 15-20 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring back to a boil.
- Cook until the lentils and vegetables are tender, around 5 minutes.
- Serve lentil marinra sauce over top of the cooked spaghetti. Garnish each plate with ½ tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
We recommend serving this dish with a green salad and whole-grain roll.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1½ cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 385
- Calories from Fat 23
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 132mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72g
- Dietary Fiber 13g
- Protein 19g
Exchanges: 1½ meat, 3 bread, 2 veg