- Olive oil cooking spray (or 2 teaspoon oil)
- ½ onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green pepper sliced thin
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium baking potatoes peeled and sliced thin
- 12 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Generously spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly golden, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, tomato and potato. Lightly spray the top with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cover the pan and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes, depending on how you sliced them.
- Stir frequently to keep everything from burning.
- Add the egg whites and seasonings; scramble and cook until done.
- Scoop onto plate, dividing in four.
- Top each quarter with 1 tablespoon parmesan.
This omelet goes well with a tossed salad with a vingerette dressing.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 122
- Calories from Fat 16
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Sodium 264mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 14g
Exchanges: 1 veg, 1 bread, 1 lean meat