- 8 large bamboo skewers
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1 eggplant cut into large cubes
- 1 onion cut into large cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Soak skewers in water.
- Make the marinade by combining all ingredients in medium-sized bowl.
- Par cook the eggplant, onions, mushrooms, and green pepper together in a covered container in the microwave or on top of the stove using a steamer. You want them to be crisp-tender, not too soft.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Place the vegetables on the skewers.
- Place them in shallow pan and pour the marinade on top.
- Preheat your grill or oven boiler.
- Broil or grill the vegetables kabobs until golden, brushing a few times with the marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve hot.
Optional serving suggestion: We recommend serving these kabobs over a bed of brown rice with a three bean salad to the side.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 kabobs
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 78
- Calories from Fat 24
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 274mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 2g
Exchanges: 1 measured vegetable, ½ fat