Veggies in Spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup snow pea pods trimmed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti uncooked
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta is boiling, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Add broccoli cauliflower, carrots, zucchini and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes then add pea pods and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook about 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetables mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 260
- Calories from Fat 10
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 60mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50g
- Dietary Fiber 11g
- Protein 11g
Exchanges: 2 breads, 2 vegetables