Berry Cool Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- ½ Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup flavored vinegar
- 1 pint raspberries rinsed and drained
- 1 pint blueberries or blackberries rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Rinse and dry the salad greens; set aside.
- In the bottom of a salad bowl, add the applesauce, mustard and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in the flavored vinegar Add the berries and onions and toss gently.
This salad goes well with any entrée such as pasta, fish or chicken.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 70
- Calories from Fat 5
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 20mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 2g
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 veg