Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- ¾ cup uncooked couscous
- ½ ounce sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup chopped tri-color peppers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sliced ripe olives
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Soak tomatoes in enough boiling water to cover them until tender (about 1-8 minutes): drain and chop.
- Combine couscous, tomatoes and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Serve immediately or chill for later.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 160
- Calories from Fat 10
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 40mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33g
- Dietary Fiber 7g
- Protein 5g
Exchanges: 2 breads