Stir Fry Chicken Salad
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup each: sliced green pepper/green onion/ carrots
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite-size pieces
- ½ cup low fat/low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup instant brown rice
- 3 Tbsp. each: light soy sauce/ balsamic or wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Toss shredded romaine lettuce, green pepper and red onion in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly spray a large nonstick skillet and heat to medium-high.
- Sauté carrots, fresh ginger and chicken until brown.
- Add broth with instant brown rice, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook until rice is tender and chicken is done.
- Toss with lettuce mixture and serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 3 cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 210
- Calories from Fat 25
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 450mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Protein 19g
Exchanges: 1 bread, 1 meat, 2 vegetables