Summertime Chicken Salad
- 4 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
- ½ cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks (juice packed) drained
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint finely chopped
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. grated lemon rind
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, fruit and celery.
- Mix together yogurt, mint, cinnamon and lemon rind in a separate bowl.
- Pour this dressing over the chicken and fruit mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon salad on lettuce leaves and serve chilled.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 140
- Calories from Fat 10
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Total Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 55mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Protein 12g
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 meat