Caring Connections Palliative Care
Palliative Care is specialized medical care for people with serious illness.
This type of care involves addressing physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual needs – whatever the diagnosis. Palliative Care is appropriate at any stage in a serious illness, and can be provided together with curative treatment. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and family.
Palliative Care is provided by a team of doctors, nurses, and other specialists who work with a patient’s health care providers to provide
an extra layer of support.
Consultations Contact the
Palliative Care Program
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
at (480) 657-1000.
Matching patients’ treatments with their goals
The mission of the Caring Connections Palliative Care Program is to provide compassionate, comprehensive and interdisciplinary care that reduces suffering and optimizes quality of life by addressing physical,
emotional, and spiritual needs for patients and families experiencing serious illness.
This mission is achieved by:
- Assessing the patient/family unit in a holistic manner using an interdisciplinary team.
- Considering the patient/family unit as an integral part of the treatment team.
- Controling pain and other symptoms as well as relieving
- Restoration of the highest possible functional capacity for each individual and family member.
- Providing psychosocial support.
- Providing all care with sensitivity to the cultural and religious values of the patient and family.
The Caring Connections Palliative Care Program at Banner Health will fully integrate the principles of Palliative Care throughout the continuum of patient care in all the communities that we serve.
Our Team includes:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Social Worker
- CarePal Volunteers
Our team works directly with the patients’ existing physicians and specialists to coordinate a comprehensive care plan based on matching patients’ treatments with their goals.