Baseline testing at Banner Concussion Center is a series of performance tests used to gather information about how a person functions in a normal state.
This information, or a person's BrainStamp, could then be used to compare performance of the same activities, should he or she ever sustain a concussion. It is important to note that this testing is not intended to be a diagnostic tool.
The Banner Concussion Center offers two levels of baseline testing:
We administer the ImPACT test. The ImPACT test is a widely used neurocognitive test that measures multiple aspects of cognitive function including:
- Attention span
- Working memory
- Sustained and selective attention time
- Response variability
- Non-verbal problem solving
- Reaction time
The test is used widely by the NFL, NHL, MLB and most Division I institutions.The cost for this test is $25.
Please Note: This test only has normative data for ages 10 and up, so it is not advisable that we administer this test to children below the age of 10.
This test package includes the ImPACT test (above) in addition to:
- Balance testing using force plate technology. This technology is able to determine sway and loss of balance under multiple conditions.
- Developmental Eye Movement Test (DEM) is a standardized assessment used to determine how well your eyes move during a reading task in a vertical and horizontal direction without the use of your finger as a guide. This test measures speed and accuracy of completion.
- Visual Motor Enhancement Test (VMET) is used to test both vision and fine motor skills. This test looks at how quickly and accurately you can scan (using your eyes to find the object) and how quickly and accurately you are a coordinating your upper extremities to move and touch the object.
- Nine-Hole Peg Test is a commonly used tool to access coordination for your hands to perform fine-motor tasks. This is a timed test that measure speed of completion.
- Visual Acuity is tested in both static and dynamic conditions. This assessment determines how well you are able to see when your head is still and also when it is in motion.
The cost for this test package is $50.
- This testing can also be completed without the ImPACT test for children below the age of 10 for a cost of $25.
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a baseline test, please contact the Banner Concussion Center at (602) 839-7285.