Your TO-DO Checklist - 24 to 72 hours BEFORE your surgery
Print out your checklist
- Do not use tobacco, drink alcohol or take recreational drugs for at least 24 hours before your surgery.
- Arrange to have someone take care of your children while you are having surgery and for 24 hours afterward.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home after your surgery and stay with you for 24 hours.
- Check with your insurance provider if you have any questions about your co-payment or deductible.
- Call your doctor if you have any symptoms of a cold, the flu, a rash, any other illness or infection or if you suspect you might be pregnant.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions for the eight to 48 hours before your surgery.
- Talk to your doctor about how to take your medications before surgery.
- Go over the following checklist to determine what should be brought or left at home.
Items to bring with you to the Banner Surgery Center:
- Your completed medication history form and your Surgery Guide.
- Your health insurance card.
- A cashier's check, cash or credit card to pay for your co-payment or deductible. (Do not bring extra cash or valuables)
- Any items provided to you by your surgeon if it is indicated you will need them immediately after surgery.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Your jewelry, including your wedding ring and any other body piercing jewelry.
- Extra money, checkbook and credit cards.