If you are eligible to enroll in Banner Health benefits, you may add your eligible domestic partner to certain plans.
- Domestic Partner Criteria
- Benefits Available to a Domestic Partner
- Changes in Domestic Partner Status
Domestic Partner Criteria
- Both you and your domestic partner are at least 18 years of age or older, and mentally competent to consent to a declaration of domestic partnership.
- Banner is extends domestic partner eligibility beyond the age of 65.
- You and your domestic partner live together in a common household and will continue to do so throughout the entire period of benefits coverage.
- You and your domestic partner are in a serious and committed relationship.
- You and your domestic partner are financially interdependent.
- You and your domestic partner are not related in any way that would prohibit legal marriage if you could otherwise be married under applicable law.
- You and your domestic partner are not legally married to, legally separated from or domestic partner to any other persons.
- Your domestic partner is not eligible for employee coverage under Banner Health’s plans.
Benefits Available to a Domestic Partner
Qualified domestic partners may be enrolled, along with the employee, in Banner Health's medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs.
You may also enroll dependent children of your domestic partner in the same plans, provided they meet the eligibility criteria defined in the plan document (under age 26, unmarried, and primarily dependent upon you and your partner for financial support).
If you and your domestic partner terminate your relationship, you must contact the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration within 31 days to remove your domestic partner and any dependents of your domestic partner from your coverage.
Your domestic partner and his/her dependents will be eligible for COBRA coverage under the same conditions as all other covered members, as detailed in the plan document
If you and your domestic partner marry, you must contact the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration within 31 days, as this is a change in status and we will move your domestic partner to spouse coverage and your coverage will be eligible for pre-tax deductions.