- Enroll Online or By Phone
- Enroll a Domestic Partner
- Enroll a Newly Adopted Child or Child For Whom You Have Legal Guardianship
- Enroll Your Children Who Are at Least Age 26 And Are
Incapable of Self-Support Because of a Mental or Physical Disability
- Still Have Questions?
Below are the instructions to enroll for your medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment and the Hyatt Legal Plans online or by phone:
Step 1: Read your Benefits Enrollment Packet for an overview of Banner Benefits.
Step 2: Decide whom you want to cover. You can choose from these coverage levels for yourself and your eligible dependents:
- Yourself only
- You and your spouse or domestic partner (see below for domestic partner enrollment).
- You and your child(ren)
- You and your family
Step 3: Choose the benefits you want and assess your costs. You may view the premiums and confirmation statement once you are logged into the system.
Step 4: Enroll for your benefits.
Step 5: Dependent Verification - If you are adding any new dependents, you will be required to submit verification of their eligibility before they will be added to the plan(s). Additional information will be included with your confirmation statement.
You will need to have the following information available to you when you enroll online or by phone.
- Your employee ID number
- Your eligible dependents' full names, dates of birth and Social Security numbers
- Your beneficiaries' full names, dates of birth, addresses and Social Security numbers
- Your Primary Care Physicians' (PCPs) names and ID numbers for yourself and your dependents, if you are enrolling in the Choice Plus Medical Plan. The required physician information may be obtained through the Provider Search
- Select the "Enroll" button
- Enter your Employee ID number
- Enter your eight digit Personal Identification Number (PIN), which is your date of birth. For example, if you were born July 17, 1958, your PIN would be 07171958.
- You will need to follow the instructions and create your own unique PIN once you have logged into the enrollment system.
- Follow the prompts to enroll
If you are adding new dependents to the plans, you must supply their Social Security numbers during the enrollment process, if they have one.
Note: You can not enroll domestic partners online.
- By Phone
- Call the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration and a Service Representative will assist you with enrolling for coverage: (480) 684-7070 in the Phoenix area or (800) 827-2464 in all other areas.
domestic partner (at least age 18) and eligible dependents of your domestic partner, you must submit the following information to Service Center at Banner Plan Administration during the designated enrollment period.
- A Benefits Enrollment and Change Form completed and signed by both the employee and the domestic partner. Proof required includes:
- Copies of a current driver’s license or other state-issued identification cards, showing dates of birth and current addresses, for both the employee and the domestic partner. If the licenses do not show a common shared address, additional documentation must be supplied as proof. Examples of acceptable documentation:
- Joint ownership of residence
- Joint residential lease
While the required information is being submitted and reviewed, you should proceed with your enrollment, and enrollment of your dependent children. If the application to add a domestic partner (and any eligible dependents of the domestic partner) is approved, Banner Plan Administration will mail a confirmation statement to verify the enrollment. Coverage for the domestic partner and any dependent children of the domestic partner will become effective the first of the month following the approval of the application.(Back to Top)
Banner is excited about an administrative change to support our employees who are covering domestic partners on their health coverage. Beginning the first payday of 2013, the employee and child portion of the benefits premium will be taken pre-tax. This change will allow our employees who are covering a domestic partner the ability to participate in pre-tax savings similar to all other enrolled employees. Due to IRS regulations, we are still required to process domestic partner’s premiums on a post-tax basis and imputed income will only be calculated on the portion of the premium related to the domestic partner.
Imputed (Taxable) Income
The current federal tax code also requires Banner Health to report the value of benefits (the amount that Banner is contributing) provided to a domestic partner as imputed income (meaning added as income to your earned wages) on your paycheck and W-2 forms, and applicable taxes must be paid on those dollars. Click here to view an Imputed Income example for Plan year 2012.
You must contact the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration Center within 31 days of adopting or gaining legal custody/guardianship in order to be able to enroll the child(ren) outside of the Annual Enrollment window. Otherwise, you may enroll your new dependents during Annual Enrollment.
You must request a dependent disability packet from the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration. After you receive the dependent disability packet, please have your child’s physician complete the packet and fax it to the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, contact the Banner Health Network Service Center.
If you have questions about your Banner pharmacy plan, please contact the Service Center at Banner Plan Administration at:
- (480) 684-7070 in the Phoenix area
- (800) 827-2464 in all other areas, or