The Banner medical plan includes pharmacy coverage that provides benefits for you and your eligible dependents in the event you have covered prescription drug expenses. Enrollment is required before coverage can begin.
All Banner medical plans use the same pharmacy network and formulary (list of covered drugs), with co-pays or co-insurance varying based the medical plan in which you are enrolled.
NEW for 2015
MedImpact will replace Express Scripts as plan administrator
Our partnership with Banner Pharmacy Services will grow
Banner's pharmacy coverage is administered by Express Scripts, and the network includes several Banner-operated pharmacies.
Banner Family Pharmacy offers discount prescriptions for plan members comparable to regular pricing at our network-contracted pharmacies.
- Medical Plans Summary Charts
- 2014 Pharmacy Network
- 2014 Formulary List (a list of drugs covered by the plan)
- Step Therapy
- Cost Savings
- Shingles Vaccines (Zostavax)
For more information, contact Express Scripts at (800) 900-6337 or visit Express Scripts and follow instructions to register for the site.
Step Therapy is a program especially for people who take prescription drugs regularly to treat an ongoing medical condition. The program is an approach to getting you the prescription drugs you need, with safety, cost and – most importantly – your health in mind. It allows you and your family to receive the affordable treatment you need while helping Banner Health to continue to offer prescription-drug coverage.
Banner offers members several ways to save on prescription drug costs, including:
- Choosing Banner Family Pharmacy (where available)
- Selecting generic drugs over name brand drugs (save up to 75 percent or more)
- Ordering long term "maintenance" drugs by mail (save up to 33 percent)
- Choosing generic or name brand drugs that are part of the 2014 Formulary List (save up to 75 percent or more)
- Using the mail order option for long-term "maintenance" drugs
Shingles Vaccines (Zostavax)
If your physician orders a Shingles vaccine but doesn't provide injections, you can obtain an injection at one of the Vaccine Network Locations. Many Express Scripts pharmacies provide the vaccine, free of charge, to any Banner Health Plans member 60 years or older. Be sure to inform your physician after you've had your vaccine.