NEW FOR 2014:
The Banner Pharmacy Plans provide benefits for you and your eligible dependents in the event you have covered prescription drug expenses. Enrollment is required before coverage can begin.
- What are the Choices for Coverage?
- Step Therapy
- Express Net Pharmacies
- Cost Savings
- Express Net Convenience
- Shingles Vaccines (Zostavax)
What are the Choices for Coverage?
Banner offers you four choices for Pharmacy coverage:
- Basic Pharmacy Plan
- Standard Pharmacy Plan
- Expanded Pharmacy Plan
View the Pharmacy Plan Summary Chart for a brief overview of your Pharmacy Plan options.
Step Therapy is a program especially for people who take prescription drugs regularly to treat an ongoing medical condition. The program is an approach to getting you the prescription drugs you need, with safety, cost and – most importantly – your health in mind. It allows you and your family to receive the affordable treatment you need while helping Banner Health to continue to offer prescription-drug coverage. Click here for additional information.
Express Net Pharmacies
- Basic and Select $250 Plans
- Standard and Expanded Plans
- Retiree Preferred Pharmacies
Banner offers members access to a network of pharmacies (Express Scripts), which may offer significant savings:
- By selecting generic drugs over name brand drugs (save up to 75% or more)
- By ordering long term "maintenance" drugs by mail (save up to 33%)
- By choosing generic or name brand drugs that are part of the 2014 Formulary List (save up to 75% or more)
- By using the mail order option for long-term "maintenance" drugs
Express Net Convenience
Use a participating Express Net pharmacy to receive up to a 93-day supply of your medication at a local retail pharmacy. You won't be eligible for the mail order discount on the co-pays, but you will gain the convenience of picking up a three-month supply instead of visiting your pharmacy once a month for a refill.
If your physician orders a Shingles vaccine but doesn't provide injections, you can obtain an injection at one of the Vaccine Network Locations. Many Express Scripts pharmacies provide the vaccine, free of charge, to any Banner Health Plans member 60 years or older. Be sure to inform your physician after you've had your vaccine.