Paid Time Off Donation
Paid Time Off (PTO) donations are used to allow you and your fellow employees to assist one another. Banner Health recognizes that you may encounter unexpected personal emergencies during your employment. To accommodate these situations, paid and unpaid leaves of absence are provided. In addition, in certain circumstances your co-workers may voluntarily transfer some of their accrued PTO to you.
PTO Donation Qualification
- You have a medical emergency that is unexpected and unplanned.
- You lose income because of the unavailability of PTO hours, Short -Term Disability or Workers’ compensation payments.
- Employees who qualify for Short-Term Disability are only eligible to receive PTO Donations for the one week waiting period before STD pay begins. Donated PTO hours cannot be used to supplement STD pay.
- Your PTO donation request has been approved by the Benefit Operations department.
- You must be without pay for a minimum of one workday to qualify.
PTO donations are governed by IRS regulations which state that in order to qualify for PTO Donations, you must exhaust any PTO, STD or Workers’ Compensation payments.
You may apply for the PTO Donation program one of three ways:
- Complete the PTO Donation Application form in the Request Center located on Banner Health's intranet.
- Complete a Recipient Application Form
- Call the Benefit Operations department at (970) 350-6295 to submit a request with a Benefit Information Specialist
The Benefit Operations Department will review the application pursuant to the PTO Donation Procedure and determine whether the personal emergency qualifies for PTO Donation.
You may donate PTO to colleagues in need one of three ways:
- Complete the PTO Donor form on the Request Center located on Banner Health's intranet.
- Complete the PTO Donation Form
- Call the Benefit Operations department at (970) 350-6295 to submit a donation with a Benefit Information Specialist
Detailed information on this benefit such as eligibility, plan coverage, limitations and contact information can be found in the Program's Benefit Summary.