Enter Banner Children's Fit Kid Family Challenge
Banner Children’s Fit Kid calls on Valley families to submit fit family photos
MESA, Ariz. (Feb. 22, 2013) – As part of its effort to promote healthy lifestyles, Banner Children’s is searching for the 2013 Fit Kid Family – a Valley family that is dedicated to being active and healthy this year.
The contest is part of Banner Children’s Fit Kid, a free program to help families stay healthy. The program provides health tips from medical experts, nutritious recipes, fitness ideas and information about active family events.
Families can enter the Banner Children’s Fit Kid Family Challenge online. Entry is simple:
- Submit a family photo and caption by March 17. The photo should be one in which your family is doing something active and/or healthy like hiking, biking, running, walking or even cooking a healthy meal together.
- Encourage your friends and family to vote for your photo online. Online voting will take place March 17 through March 30. The family with the most votes will win a $1,000 Banner Children’s Fitness Pack.
Banner Children’s, in partnership with News-Talk 92.3 KTAR and 98.7 The Peak, delivers the Fit Kid program to Valley families each year. The program is designed to promote healthy lifestyles. Families can sign up to receive motivational messages via email, text and Facebook. The program is intended for school-aged kids of all shapes, sizes and activity levels. Fun challenges, prizes and events are just part of the learning, and everyone in the family is encouraged to participate.
There are several ways to sign up for the 2013 Banner Children’s Fit Kid program:
- Visit our Banner Children's Fit Kid page. Submit your e-mail address and registration information to receive program updates, challenge invitations, event notifications and more via monthly e-mails.
- Register for Banner Children’s Fit Kid Challenges throughout the year.
- Send a text message that says FitKids to 411987 on your mobile phone to receive Fit Kid updates via text.
About Banner Health
Headquartered in Phoenix, Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system owns or manages 23 acute-care hospitals, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services including physician clinics and home care and hospice services. Banner Health is in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit http://www.bannerhealth.com/.
About Bonneville International
Bonneville International (http://www.bonneville.com/) is an award-winning, dynamic media company with radio stations in Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City. Living its three-fold mission of “People, Communities, and Profit” as a way of life, the company has a long-standing reputation and is known industry-wide for its innovative business model, its values-oriented programming, and for its nationally recognized commitment to serving the communities where it broadcasts.