Banner Health realizes that sometimes tail wagging is the best medicine and offers pet therapy programs in its Arizona and Colorado hospitals.
A $100 donation could buy 6 months' worth of dog treats or pay for photos of dogs and patients to be given to patients.
Dogs heal at Banner Health: Watch Video
- Dogs can reach people who are depressed or feel lonely. They have helped pediatric patients take a walk when no one else can, including parents.
- In existence since 1990, Banner Health's Pet Therapy program is the longest-running hospital-based pet therapy program in Arizona.
- About 100 dogs are involved in our pet therapy program.
- Dogs come in all sizes and breeds, from Golden Labradors to Chihuahuas.
- Our dogs have wonderful temperaments, are obedient, have the ability to learn and are well groomed. They readily accept strangers and sit still amidst distractions.
This is a completely volunteer effort.