The Anticoagulation Clinic, recognized by the Anticoagulation Forum as an Anticoagulation Center of Excellence (2013-2015), is designed to provide close monitoring and essential education for patients on anticoagulants.
Being named a center of excellence is a recognition of our efforts to always offer the highest level of care and achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
About the Anticoagulation Clinic
- Pharmacist-run clinic specializing in the management of patients who are on Coumadin (warfarin)
- All of our clinical pharmacists have extensive training to improve management of your Coumadin (warfarin) therapy
- All clinical pharmacists are nationally recognized certified anticoagulation care providers
What to Expect
- Our clinical pharmacists work directly with you and your doctor to closely monitor your specific Coumadin (warfarin) therapy
- The pharmacist tests your blood for its ability to clot by checking your International Normalized Ratio (INR) by a fingerstick test
- The pharmacist then decides whether to adjust your dose of Coumadin (warfarin) based on your INR reading, dietary or lifestyle changes, recent illnesses, drug interactions, and many other factors
- After your visit, the pharmacist notifies your doctor of your new treatment plan
- Ongoing diet and lifestyle education and other important factors related to anticoagulation therapy
- Clinic appointments are available Monday through Friday, with early and late appointments available to accomodate your scheduling needs. Patients are seen by appointment only.
- A clinical pharmacist is available 24 hours a day for patients enrolled with the clinic by pager.
Phone: (480) 321-4396
Email our staff if you'd like someone to contact you to get more information about our services.