Banner Behavioral Health Hospital hosts as well as participates in several community and professional events throughout metro Phoenix each year. Join us!
Parenting the Love and Logic Way Workshop
Parenting can perhaps best be described as dealing with a range of emotions, from pure joy to sheer frustration.
As educators at Banner Academy, we are proud to offer Love and Logic®, a special workshop series that will help you turn parenting and teaching into a fun and rewarding experience, instead of stressful and chaotic. The six-week workshop series, with each session dedicated to a particular aspect of child-rearing will help you develop a respectful, healthy and positive relationship.
When: Every Wednesday on the following dates from 6-7:30 p.m.
Jan. 27, Feb. 3, Feb. 10, Feb. 17, Feb. 24, March 2.
Where: Banner Academy, 1410 W. 10th Place, Tempe AZ 85281
Cost: $25 per session for individuals; $45 per couple per session (includes Workbook)
Information: Call (480) 827-5348
Registration: Call (602) 230-2273 (CARE) to sign up for the workshops.
The Love and Logic® approach works with toddlers, teens, and all kids in between. Young children learn problem solving and decision-making skills that they can carry into adolescence.
Teenagers learn valuable lessons about taking responsibility for their actions and handling “natural consequences” as they mature into young adults.
Note: Registration for the entire series is highly recommended, to gain a full understanding and knowledge of the techniques you should apply as a parent.
Why Does it Work?
- Uses humor, hope and empathy to build up the adult-child
- Emphasizes respect and dignity for children and adults
- Provides real limits in a loving way
- Teaches consequences and healthy decision-making
- Putting an end to arguing, back talk and begging
- Teaching responsibility without losing their love
- Setting limits without waging war
- Avoiding power struggles
- Guiding kids to own and solve their problems
- Teaching kids to complete chores without
reminders and without pay